mercoledì 17 giugno 2015

Internship in Acting - Patricia Rovere de Santi

Hi Patricia, can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

I am from Brazil, and I just graduated from university where I studied economy and international relations. I'm also an actress. I wanted to come to Firenze to do an internship so that I could learn, visit another country, and just do something I've never done before. I'm thinking of doing a master's degree in economy and I want to continue studying acting at a specialized acting school.

So you studied economy, but it seems that your true passion is acting. How did this passion start?

I don't really know, I guess it started when I was little. My mother brought me to an acting school because I was really shy and she thought it would make me loosen up, make me more confident. I started doing it and loved it. I then joined a different acting group when I went to high school. I never thought I could make a career out of it because I was so shy, and I didn't think it was for people like me. But after a couple of years I realized that what made me happy was acting. My parents supported my passion, but it's good to have another diploma, and that's why I studied economy. I'm really glad I did because it opened my eyes to social issues that I hadn't known about before.

Why did you decide to intern in Italy?

I was in school, and an agent from Istituto came into my class talking about the possibility to do an internship in economy or acting in Firenze, and that's where I got the Idea. Then it all worked out and here I am!

Tell us a little bit about your internship. What kind of projects are you working on?

I just finished the first part of my internship, in acting. And I was just invited by the same acting group to be a part of another play. I'm going to figure out if I can, if its possible for me to stay and everything. Now that I'm finished, I'm going to visit London for a couple weeks, but when I come back I want to get an internship in international relations because I really want to experience it all.

So in my acting internship, I worked with a company and did a play based on a novel. The company had already been working on the play for about four months before I came, so I had to talk with the director and see how I could fit in. It worked out and I'm really glad that I could participate in the play.

Did you like the Italian course?

Yes I really liked it. Especially because, in the first month the class was really crowded, but in the second month, it was just me and a couple other students and we became really close friends. It was comfortable coming to school because I really liked these people and I'm going to miss them so much.

What do you like the most about Italy and about Florence?

I really like that I can just walk around everywhere. In Brazil, because my house is so far away from everything, I have to drive all the time. But here I can just walk everywhere in the city center. It's more peaceful, it's good for me. You feel safe walking around, and you can see all the beautiful things. I really like the proportions of Florence. It's not too big, and after a couple of weeks you become familiar with the city and it's easy to get around without getting lost.

Overall, what did you think of your internship experience?

I loved it, I recommend it to everyone. It was a wonderful experience, especially in acting. It challenged me because I had to speak in another language. My teacher and the theater director were great though and really helped me a lot.